Tuesday, March 15, 2011

do.not.get.on.my.nerves.

right next to my cabin is a room that the office assistants use as a dining room. they are all technically 'office boys' though the youngest of them would be in his thirties. so the thing is this room shares an air-conditioning vent or something with my office and when the a.c. is switched off, i can hear every single word spoken in that room.
which is every day during lunch hour.
which is extremely annoying when one particular secretary joins them for lunch.
which is almost every day.

she is loud [literally and figuratively]. has a bossy tone of voice. talks a lot. often i just tune it out as i surf the net over lunch or read something or do the crossword. today my back is hurting so much i can barely stay put and i am not at my tolerant best.
she is expounding on some differences between 'aadmi log and aurat log'. having started off with some graphic descriptions of a college student who fell off her train this morning.
i can't even tell them to shut up coz this is the only private place they have to gather and chat for about an hour each day.

i can't escape my desk coz my back hurts and i don't want to move around if i can help it.

so i suffer.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment