Monday, April 18, 2011

weekend

what a good weekend it turned out to be. was a sombre occasion actually but turned into simple family time, and of course loads of fun. j's sisters and their kids came over. though i guess i can't call them kids any more, the youngest of them turns 18 in another week.
there were people all over my house. two of my brothers-in-law chatting in the drawing room. my m-i-l with her daughters in her bedroom. four nieces and nephews plus one nephew's wife, plus my daughter and me all in my bedroom with j and any one of his sisters popping in and out of the room. food, silly jokes, laughter, dumb charades and a proverbial good time was had by all.

in other news, i have been keeping a small plastic tray of water every day on my window sill for the birds around. so far all the tray has attracted are dust and a sprinkling of moss.  :(
little birdies, will you not come have a drink with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment